扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 4033|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[转帖]CRUZ: "ENJOYING EVERY MOMENT

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2006-6-23 22:51:00 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
MILAN - From the Argentine national team's World Cup base in Germany, Julio Cruz gave this interview to Inter Channel programme Mix Zone Mondiale:

How far can this Argentina side go?
"This Argentina is doing some good things, and you can see this on the pitch. Up to now we have done well but tomorrow evening we play the round of sixteen and it's win or bust."

What does it feel like to be at a World Cup? Your call-up was a nice surprise...
"It was very nice to be called up because every player dreams of playing in a World Cup. And I'm enjoying it in the best possible way by trying to do my best every day in training."

Were you expecting Argentina to be so strong? Everyone saw Brazil as the favourites, but Argentina seem to have changed this perception...
"Argentina have some great players but at a World Cup you always have great respect for all your opponents, who are the best of all. No one was expecting us to do so well but the important phase begins now and we have to continue on this path. Brazil were rightly favourites on paper and in a way they still are because of everything they have done in these years. But we are working calmly and we want to go as far as possible."

Inter fans were expecting Cruz to start the match against Holland...
"I was also expecting to start but it's always the coach who makes decisions and you have to respect his choices. But I'm just as happy about my debut in a World Cup finals."

Have you managed to see the other matches, the other national teams?
"Sometimes, and sometimes not. We saw our next opponents Mexico play against Portugal and we were impressed. The Mexicans played a great match and perhaps they didn't deserve to lose. I was also impressed by Ivory Coast, even though they are out."

Are you favourites to win tomorrow's match against Mexico?
"On paper we are stronger, but only because we have better known players than them. But you have to play the matches. Football can play some cruel jokes. I hope not, but we have to be careful."

How is Nicolas Burdisso after his injury the other evening?
" Burdisso had a problem with his knee but it isn't serious. He will be a lot better in a few days. Nicolas could miss the Mexico game but he will be back right after."

And how is Esteban Cambiasso?
"He is showing how he is on the pitch: he's in great form. He is decisive each time he plays."

Hopefully Cruz will play against Mexico tomorrow...
"Hopefully... But I'm happy anyway. And I'm also happy because many Inter players are taking part in the World Cup."

You have been training with him for almost a month. Is Messi really a phenomenon?
"He is showing that he is very good, but he's still young and can improve more. I hope he can become one of the best in the world in the future."

Yesterday was a historic day for Italian football, with the Azzurri's victory followed by the announcement that several clubs and a number of individuals have been charged in the football scandal. Did this news also reach the Argentina camp?
"We have spoken about it amongst ourselves, but not that much. We heard the news from Italian friends. What can I say? Let's hope justice prevails, for what has happened and for what is happening."

To conclude, a greeting for the Inter fans who are following the club's players at the World Cup.
"Hello to all Inter fans in Milan and every Italian city, and those all over the world. We have met many of them here in Germany. It's a pleasure to meet them and it is proof that we are part of a great club that we want to thank for everything it has done for us. Hello to all the fans and see you all after the World Cup."
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友 微信微信
收藏收藏 转播转播 分享分享 分享淘帖
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|阿根廷风暴 ( 沪ICP备05003678号   

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 19:51 , Processed in 0.078125 second(s), 19 queries .