78#
发表于 2005-1-12 10:26:00 | 只看该作者
扔一点儿子的消息上来,各位亲家8可以偏心哦^_^

[Point=300]都是从乱七八糟的花滑论坛收集来的,也不高兴整理翻译了,大约摸说说

儿子1月9号去了波兰的Wroclaw,为波兰当地的慈善机构WOSP的募捐活动做表演
据说是露天的广场,儿子表演了2个节目:Lord of the Dance,另外一个“不知道”@@
根据去了的回来说,儿子看起来unhappy and scared,不过还是要到签名以及合影

有说法国冰协禁止选手参加任何表演,儿子也从10月份开始一路取消了几乎所有的演出——
包括本来在Simsbury的表演,说是签证遇到阻力谬去,不过小媳妇随后也说退出(哈哈!)
还有04年12月底本来应该和Yags一起去日本表演,结果组织方的公告说儿子因为sick所以谬赶上飞机@@
这次能够出国演出,很多人都觉得意外,理由据说是啥米儿子家乡所在的department(大区?)和Wroclaw所在的department属于Partner(友好城市一类的?@@)

另外,儿子在最近的几本花滑杂志都有照片或者文章
在某本杂志的啥米年度评选中,儿子的Matrix被提名最佳节目和最佳服装
[/Point]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

79#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-12 10:52:00 | 只看该作者
刚去官网兜了一圈,吓死人,这么长的Q&A[]还要分批贴,翻译等有空了再说[]

January 2005

from Lindsey
question: Hi, I'm from England and we only get to see the european and world championships over here But ever since i saw you at the worlds last year i've become a huge fan. Do you think you would ever come here? But more importantly I wanted to know what programme of yours do you enjoy skating the most?
I would love to skate in Britain! I really enjoy skating this seasons short program because it's a fiery more dramatic side of my skating, but I enjoy all of my programs, they're like my children!
from Mina
question: Hi! I am a Japanese girl. Today, I saw you on TV and I become your fan. Have you been to Japan? If so, did you like Japan?
I have been to Nagoya and I really enjoyed myself. I look forward to visiting Japan many times in the future.

from Keri
question: What do you think of the election result?
Frankly, I'm not very happy.

from Rikako
question: Hi Johnny! At first, I would love to say congratulations on your title of the NHK Trophy! I was moved by the beauty of your skating, and also was grad that you came to Japan. Question: First, you got many flowers after your program in kiss&cry area, and I think some of them had letters to you. Can you read those letters? Second, Did you find any of your favorite food or products in Japan? I wish that you come to Japan again!
I did get a lot of presents and gifts, and unfortunately I can't bring flowers back into the United States but I read every card (I hope) that I got. The Japanese fans are amazing! Through a Japanese American team member, Rena Inoue, I was able to leave many flowers and stuffed animals behind for the earthquake victims. My favorite things about Japan were Starbucks, Mitsukoshi, and Matsuzakaya!

from Mike
question: Hey Johnny, I have been a fan of figure skating for years, and you're definitely one of my favorite skaters of all-time. Your potential is so great; the sky is the limit with your skating. I truly believe that. Keep up the awesome work! I have just a few questions. Where do you see the technical level of mens skating going in the future? ie.. quad/quad combos, the quad lutz, quad axel, or even quintuples.. Do you think jumps like that are possible? Have a good one! Mike from Michigan
The technical level of the sport is already very hard on the body, so I'm not really sure how long people will be able to hold up. I only work two quads right now and my body kills by Friday afternoon and I'm only twenty, so who knows, hopefully I'm not competing in the days of quad/quads and quad axels.

from Abe
question: Hi Johnny! I am a huge fan of your skating. You bring an elegance and artistry that is non existent in skating today; I hope you will be rewarded for this with continued high placings and your own personal satisfaction with your performances. I am going to be in New York for the first time from January 13-17, what places do you recommend I go to? What restaurants do you recommend? Shopping, etc.. any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!
Congratulations on your NYC trip! I am still just a tourist to the city, but I would say Soho should be the ultimate destination. The shopping uptown is very good (Barneys, Fendi) but a bit snobby, so I prefer the hipper section of town called Soho. My favorite shops in Soho are D&G, Ari, J.Lindenberg and Prada. They're all on West Broadway. The meatpacking district is great too, Pastis and Jeffrey are located there as well as Scoop and Alexander McQueen. My favorite restaurants in New York are Le Cirque, Pastis and Bice, but any restaurant is good as long as hot dogs aren't on the menu I suppose. Have a great trip!

from ERE
question: What do you think about Evgeny Plushenko???
I think he's an incredible champion, a true competitor and a nice guy. I have all the respect in the world for him.

from Sachie
question: Congratulations for NHK trophy! I read on newspaper that you like shopping, which place in Japan do you like going to the shopping?
Mitsukoshi, Matsuzakaya, Prada, Armani, Fendi, everything!

from Sarah Kay
question: Hi Johnny! I just wanted to ask: which one out of all of your performances has been your favorite?
My short program at the 2004 Worlds, I feel like it was the most "on" I've been.

from Momo
question: Hi Johnny, congratulations at NHK trophy!! I'm Japanese and live in Japan. So I want ask you some question about Japan.
1.How did you feel about Japan and the Japanese fan of you?
2.What is the most impressive experience during this time in Japan?
3.Could you eat "the Japanese food" like sushi? especially what do you like?
I loved Japan and all of my new fans! The most impressive experience was probably how friendly and accommodating everyone was. I did eat a lot of traditional Japanese food and enjoyed it very much. I forget what it's called, but we cooked raw beef in a pot of water and vinegar with vegetables and noodles and it was delicious.

from Stacy
question: i was wondering do you ever wish you didn't start skating so you could have a normal life?
I don't regret anything I say or do, so no! Skating is my niche, and I enjoy it very much. When something else comes along I'll pursue that with the same enthusiasm; you only live once, and I'm happy the way I am.

from Alyssa
question: What kind of pilates do you do? Is it reformer or floor pilates?
I do pilates on a reformer.

from nausicaa
question: In your life, what is the most important thing?
Love.

from david
question: hey johnny - congrats on your NHK win! that was an amazing free skate - you made the whole package seem totally effortless. i have to admit i didn't know anything about you won the nationals, but you're super-talented! here's a tough question - if you had to choose this moment between competitive skating and the person you loved, what is your priority?
That's really simple, the person I love. I believe that life is about finding someone to share it with and that's the most important thing to me.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

80#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-12 10:53:00 | 只看该作者
from Michelle
question: Hi Johnny. I just wanted to let you are one of the best things ever to happen to figure skating! Between your amazing artistic abilities and your honesty about COP, I believe you truly have the power to change the face of the sport! My question to you is: It must take a lot of traveling to take you all the places your skating demands. I know you love to travel and see new places, but do you ever get homesick? If so, what have you found is the best way to deal with it?
I'm definitely a homebody and love being around the people I love, so I do get homesick. I am crazy and take photos and candles and my own pillow to make hotel life a little more comfortable. It's definitely hard to travel so much.

from Irene
question: Really love your skating! Was worth the trip from Scotland to Atlanta to see you win Nationals! One question. Any chance of you skating a programme to the music Anissina/Peizerat skated their waltz to in 1999 worlds? Think it was called My Pure and Tender Beast (a russian tune). I can just picture you skating to it!
I love that piece of music, and I took that idea to Tatiana Anatolievna but she thinks it's a piece better suited for women, that's where Valse Triste came from it is a waltz but "for man."

from Rachel
question: Hi Johnny! I recently saw you on television for the first time and fell in love with your skating. You are a wonderful role model for my 9 year old. He has only been figure skating for a year and a half and sometimes gets overwhelmed by the pressure of competition. He's getting ready to leave for Junior Nationals and there is nothing I have been able to say to calm his nerves. He feels that he has to win or the world will end. Were you the same way as a small boy? Do you have any advice for him or me as the parent of a young male figure skater?
I always wanted to be first place and the champion, but it isn't always possible. My mother always taught me that in order to be a champion in anything, you have to work hard and be pleased with whatever outcome might come your way and in time you'll get your moment. I still believe that; if you do your job that's all you need to be proud of, and if you're skating because you love it, it shouldn't be about winning or medals.

from emma
question: hello johnny. i'm french and i don't speak english very well so i'm very sorry about it. i just want to know what did you think about paris ( you won gold medal there ... ) ??? Good luck for all the tournament you gonna do and you look very nice !!! gros bisous
J'adore Paris! Je pense que c'est une ville magnifique. Les parisians sont plus interesants et plus gentils. Aussi j'adore faire du shopping et Paris est la meilleure ville pour ca. Je n'ecrit pas bien en francais, mais pas mauvais pour un americain!

from Nicole
question: Red Sox or Yankees? Tarantino or Shyamalan? Fantasia or Diana?
RED SOX! Tarantino. Fantasia, but Kelly was the best American Idol.

from angie
question: What character is harder to portray, one of your creation, or one from a written work (i.e. Romeo and Juliet or King Arthur)? thanks for answering!
I think it's more difficult to portray a character that someone else has created, you may not be doing it justice. My character for Otonal is my character and easy for me to portray, and Romeo and Juliet were Shakespeare's characters and easy for him to portray.

from Leander
question: firstly, i want to say that, while i cannot skate myself, you are an absolute inspiration to me, in many other areas. although i'm only one of hundreds of thousands to try and contact you, i wanted you to know that. your performance in the grand prix at japan was earthshatteringly flawless. now, question-wise, i noticed in some pictures and performances you wear a red bracelet (something that can stand for a few different things...) and i was wondering what does it mean to you?
Thank you, that is very flattering. I practice Kabbalah which is a jewish mystical belief and has helped me become a better person.

from Robert
question: What exercises do you do to stay so strong and limber? Your endurance is amazing, how do you train for cardio fitness?
I do pilates and lots of training on the ice, nothing more or less.

from Amber
question: Dear Johnny, Can you tell me if you like answering our email questions or any questions and what questions annoy you. thanks
I love answering my email and questions even though I'm a bit slow at it! Nothing really annoys me, I just don't like to bare it all. I tell you guys a lot, but some things are sacred.

from Marta
question: Hi Johnny! I'm from Latvia. I'm 12 years old. I started to skate in 8 years. Then I one year was without any coach. Now I jump aksel and some doubles. I really love watching you skate. I like your choreography. It's three that you was at ballet school? I have just watching you on "CUP OF RUSSIA". It was wonderful. I have free programe on music of Smoke City -- To forgive but not forget. I want to be the champion of Latvia in my future. What you will do in that situation? thank you. M.M.
Believe in yourself when nobody else will, and work harder than you think you could ever handle.

from Iren
question: Hi Johnny! I've seen your performance in Moscow. It was great! Thanks! Now, my question. You've mentioned Moscow among your favourite cities. Why do you like it? Then, what is your opinion about Evgene Plushenko and Alexey Yagudin?
I love the energy of Moscow and the people. It's such an old city with so much history, it's fascinating. It's hard to describe, but I think I like it more because a lot of people don't and I'm obsessed with russian culture.
Plushenko and Yagudin are both incredible guys with a lot of character. They're both very different and I really respect what they have both done for our sport.

from Melissa
question: hi johnny, i love the way u skate, it is so beautiful. since i know a bit from reading all these questions there is only one question i want to ask. What is the passion behind ur skating? thanks
The passion I suppose comes from love. I love everything about my life and so I'm able to show it.

from Chris
question: I was wondering what is the significance of the necklace with the letter "D" that you wore at the Grand Prix competitions?
It is very special, and very private.

from tamuna
question: this is very strange, but my great wish is to know you indeed, who you are inside, so lovely and romantic like you are in your programs, full of feelings? I understand that door in "your world" inside you isn't open for everyone, but please write me something about yourself...maybe i'm asking too much, but i think you are nice person. P.S forgive me for SO long question and for bad spelling, that because i know english only a little, my speaking language is russian. good luck!
I think something people don't often get to see from me is that I'm a very quiet person. I enjoy spending time reading or listening to music and just being alone. I really love being in my own little world where nothing is ugly or wrong, everything is gorgeous. I may seem a little outrageous at times, but I'm just living the way I want. It may be topsy turvey and bipolar at times, but it's me.

from Misha
question: Johnny, why do you like fur coats and other "feminine" things?
Hmm...I like fur coats because they're beautiful and warm. I don't know what other "feminine" things you're talking about, but the last time I checked it was 2005 and I can like whatever I want. You do your own thing, and I'll do mine.

from sarah
question: i saw on your favorite movies list that you like Lord of the Rings Trilogy and was wondering out of all the characters who is your favorite of all of them? mine is Legalos
Mine is either Legolas or Galadria Lady of Light. I love the elves because they always look perfect and are all gifted and I wish to be like that!

from Susie
question: Hi Johnny, I was completely mesmerized and deeply moved after watching your long program at NHK. I haven't enjoyed a program that much since watching Michelle win Nationals quite a few years ago. Your interpretation of the music and quality of skating was a beautiful thing to watch. Fortunately I TIVO'd it and have watched it over and over again. Your costumes are elegant and you certainly have a flair for fashion. What kind of clothes do you wear off the ice?
Off the ice I like to wear comfortable clothes that are made well and of nice fabrics. I love fur and cashmere if I can be honest! For parties and clubs I dress up a bit funkier but I don't do that so often, so I'm really into well made quality clothing.

from hannah
question: Do you like Los Angeles? Have u ever been to Malibu?
LA. is cool, but I'm definitely an east coast boy. I love the change in seasons and California is a bit too "bright lights big city" for me.

from Stef
question: As a great fan of yours and consequently totally unwilling to see you sad I just wonder what is the thing that can really despair you or that would definitely affect your mood in a negative way?
Death or mistrusting. I can handle everything and let it slide but if someone I thought I could trust loses my trust it's really disheartening and death for obvious reasons. I'm pretty strong, I can handle just about anything.

from Joana
question: how did you get simba as your nickname? would you ever move to los angeles and live there or where would you like to live? have you ever gone to a christina aguilera concert? do you think she's a great singer?
Simba is a private and very special nickname. I couldn't live in California but I'd love to live in Boston, New York, Paris, Moscow and Oslo. I have seen Christina Aguilera in concert three times and I think she's an amazing talent.

from Nick
question: I am so sorry that you injured your foot and are unable to compete in the 2004 Grand Prix Final, especially having put out so much hard work and effort in NHK, Trophee Eric Bompard, and Cup of Russia. I have a deep respect for your honesty in skating and hope you are well enough to compete in Nationals. I was wondering what you think about Michelle Kwan, because there are no questions on this page that mentions her.
I think Michelle is an amazing person with a very clear head and knows her strengths and weaknesses. Someone who can be honest about both sides of that coin is truly special. I started skating around the time Michelle won her first world title and she has been one of my favorites ever since. She's an inspiration to anyone and I have to say that I love Michelle Kwan.

from Xavier
question: hi johnny let me congratulate you for the trophee bompard this year i may be french and a supporter of brian joubert but i must acknowledge your amazing talent! i discovered figure skating a bit late so i never been able to do a proper career or anything but if i had been a skater i would have liked to be like you , i saw you at dortmund and even without a quad you were stunning! i hope you'll be US champion again. last thing now is true you're fluent in french? if so, tres bonne chance pour cette saison.
Je ne parle pas d'un parisian, mais je parle tres bien pour un americain qui etudie francais pour juste deux ans.

from Sarah
question: I think it is so awesome how you keep in touch with your fans! Most people with all your accomplishments would not be as modest as you seem to be. How do you stay so down to earth?
As quickly as I've been given my gifts, they can be taken away so I need to be a good person before anything else.

from La'Tisha
question: Did you know that the fashion designer Richie Rich was a figure skater? Have you ever met him? Do you like his fashions?
I didn't know that! His stuff is hot as paris Hilton would say. Heatherette is a really fun and colorful company, it would be cool to meet him! He was also in the film "arty Monster."

from La'Tisha
question: What do you do with your old costumes and skates?
The skates I keep just in case I need them and the costumes I'll sell to other skaters about my size or just keep as memories.

from La'Tisha
question: Did you name Bon-Bon after the ice-cream treats?
I named Bon-Bon after the french word for candy. He has two black spots on his side and they look like chocolates.

from Kristina
question: The Four Continents Championship was originally designed to be a comparable competition to Europeans. However, the top US singles skaters often don't compete at this event. Do you think that more importance should be placed on Four Continents, or do you think it is a good idea for "second tier" skaters who are not on the World team to compete there?
I think it's an important competition and shouldn't be passed over because of it's "negative prestige," but I will say it's hard. Europe is one continent and very easy to travel around, but flying between North America, Asia, Australia and Africa is very hard. I'm not a fan of sixteen hour flights and don't know who would be, especially when three days after you get off the plane you have to compete.

from Katia
question: At the end of some of your performances this year, at NHK and Lalique, I saw you blowing a kiss to someone in the audience. Was that kiss to anyone in particular? Or just in general to the fans?
A group of my fans got together and made me a banner that says Johnny's Angels on it so I blow kisses to my angels.

from Katya
question: Do you prepare differently before skating in a show than in a competition?
I'm not as focused for shows, I can have a little more fun before I skate. When I compete I don't even smile before I skate, it's all business.

from Cheri
question: Hey- I go to school at University of Delaware in Newark, DE. I love watching you skate, do you ever skate at the Fred Rust Rink on campus??
I don't actually. I skate at The Pond across town. I cut all of my ties with the University of Delaware Figure Skating Club due to disagreements and negativity. It's not a good atmosphere for me.

from Kasumi
question: I know you would enjoy being a fashion designer, what kind of clothes would you design? Men's clothes, women's?? Or runway types?
I want to have mens and womens collections on the runway and I'd like to have several boutqiues around the world that sell ready to wear.

from gene
question: what is your greatest fear?
Death, loneliness, regret, spiders and sharks.

from Derek
question: What is your favorite TV show? Do you watch The O.C.?
Right now it's The Simple Life and Sex and the City.

from Aki
question: Hi Johnny! I have read the list of your favorite movies, and found that you like "The Pianist", so I wanna ask you what you felt when you saw it. (I saw it recently!)
It was so moving because Roman Polanski included some of his memories from the Holocaust and included them in Wladislaw Szpilman's story. I cried.

from Ron
question: Do you think Nationals will be more difficult this year now that you are defending champion? Does that add extra pressure or is it the same as every year?
There will be a little more pressure, but as far as I'm concerned nothing will ever be as tough as last year's Nationals so I'm over that hurdle.

from Meg
question: Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? Happy Holidays!
My New Years resolution is to take time out and breath every once and a while. Life is going by so fast I feel like I'm missing things.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

81#
发表于 2005-1-12 11:26:00 | 只看该作者
昨天终于把儿子参加Ford Boyard(城堡探险)的剪接片段下全了,一共6段
都在mofile上边,要的随便拿,咔咔
第四段比较恶心,儿子要把脑袋放一只装满老鼠的笼子里/////////,觉得不适的就表看表下了

[Point=830]
大小  文件名 共享提取码 过期时间  
55.4M  Joubert - Fort Boyard 2004 - part 1.wmv   0770762870716685  2005-01-14
26.7M  Joubert - Fort Boyard 2004 - part 2.wmv   1211206515510713  2005-01-14
4.9M  Joubert - Fort Boyard 2004 - part 3.wmv     1911902650219674  2005-01-14
60.9M  Brian Joubert - Fort Boyard 2004 - part 4.wmv  5455447945613173  2005-01-15
20.5M  Brian Joubert - Fort Boyard 2004 - part 5.wmv  5455447978716861  2005-01-15
32.9M    Brian Joubert - Fort Boyard 2004 - part 6.wmv  4604592855518792  2005-01-15
[/Point]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

82#
发表于 2005-1-12 11:30:00 | 只看该作者
MM不用将所有答客问全部翻译出来的,只要将有点复杂的或有趣的答复简单翻译一下就行了,这样就能节省不少体力(打字是粉辛苦的,偶心疼你呀~~)。比如用法语回答的部分可以“无视”(8过倒是看出了威威对粉丝的体贴之情)。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

83#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-12 14:42:00 | 只看该作者
威威最看重的是love, the person i love. i believe that life is about finding someone to share it with and that's the most important thing to me.

另外他还不肯说那根项链上的D有什么意思,还有他的昵称的由来也是秘密@@
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

84#
发表于 2005-1-12 14:47:00 | 只看该作者
love, the person i love. i believe that life is about finding someone to share it with and that's the most important thing to me.

这话老让偶觉得小水仙素有心上人的[]

他的昵称?那个彼得潘里边的小仙女么?

另外,你们研究过他的名字中间那个G,到底是啥米?貌似他也不肯说?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

85#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-12 14:52:00 | 只看该作者
他的昵称不是Simba吗
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

86#
发表于 2005-1-12 14:54:00 | 只看该作者
在Spotlight的网站找到儿子当封面的那一期图片了,还有儿子文章的预览
http://spotlightonskating.com/index.php?p=home
http://spotlightonskating.com/index.php?p=inside_issue

Cover Story:

[U]Brian Joubert – Man on a Mission[/U]
By: Lynn Rutherford

If figure skating promoters could order up the ideal young male for their sport, chances are he would bear a strong resemblance to Brian Joubert.

First, there are his looks: Tousled hair, brilliant smile, gorgeous eyes. A nose with just a bit of a bump, saving him from being impossibly pretty and thus completely inaccessible.

“He is so beautiful, handsome; he is wonderful to watch. And when you look into his eyes, you see a smart man. All these things matter on the ice,” says Tatiana Tarasova, one of his coaches.

Then there’s his charm. Always a moment for the fans, signing autographs and posing for photos with a gentlemanly twinkle in his eyes.

“When I see some fans, I want to show them everything I can — a good practice, or maybe just stop and say hello. It is good for us to have this relationship. I never want a wall between me and my fans,” explains Joubert.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

87#
发表于 2005-1-12 14:56:00 | 只看该作者
以下是引用sanger在2005-1-12 14:52:00的发言:
他的昵称不是Simba吗

哦,是说这个昵称的来由啊,活活,搞错哩
偶还以为说彼得潘里的那个昵称呢,小水仙昵称8少哩
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

88#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-12 14:56:00 | 只看该作者
刚才看威威的回答我已经眼冒金星了,建议小猪的保姆把小猪的英文翻译过来
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

89#
发表于 2005-1-12 15:07:00 | 只看该作者
人家当然有心上人的……
彼得潘里边的小仙女是他的昵称,ms是一位铁杆女粉丝给起的。
那个“g”可是他最大的秘密,除非当他LP,哈哈~~
(飞亲家果然关心偶家宝宝~~)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

90#
发表于 2005-1-12 15:13:00 | 只看该作者
When I see some fans, I want to show them everything I can — a good practice, or maybe just stop and say hello. It is good for us to have this relationship. I never want a wall between me and my fans

--好甜心的贝贝~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

91#
发表于 2005-1-12 15:30:00 | 只看该作者
S亲:
儿子的这篇英文偶现在翻译不来
——太HC了,你看看老太太说的那些话,比偶还HC,大脸红=.=
还是等儿子坛子里的人把文章打字出来偶再翻译吧,偷懒ing

雨亲(大爆):
偶这个“婆婆”对水仙媳妇的情况还是蛮了解的吧,咔咔,得意ing
MS妖亲说中间那个G可能是George,因为小媳妇说他恨这个名字(汗,都是啥米理由@@)

BTW,儿子一直粉甜心啊,就算这次不开心,对于饭的签名和合影要求还是有求必应的呢
心疼,到底啥米事情让儿子这么想不通@@

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-1-12 15:31:29编辑过]

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

92#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-13 14:24:00 | 只看该作者
美国花样上的新闻,威威回答记者问

Weir Meets the Press at U.S. Championsh

(1/12/05) — Johnny Weir has been on a roll since last January. At the 2004 State Farm U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Atlanta he won the U.S. title, then he placed fifth at his first World Championships, and this season he has won two ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating gold medals and one silver. But in December, after qualifying first for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final, he had to withdraw with an ankle injury.

During a press conference Wednesday at the 2005 State Farm U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Weir said he is healthy and ready to defend his title.

“I've been training hard at home and doing lots of repetition on the jumps,” he said. “I'm feeling really confident.”

The last year of Weir's life has been different. After winning the U.S. title, he said he has been busier than ever. During the spring of 2004 he toured with the Tom Collins' Champions on Ice tour, then he spent a few weeks in the summer in Simsbury, Conn., putting together two new programs. While things have been different, Weir said he feels it's been better.

“I'm definitely better and that's good,” he said. “I take each experience as it comes and I'm not expecting too much. But it's cool to give autographs and receive fan mail with people saying they admire you or that you're an inspiration to them.”

That philosophy means that this week Weir is concentrating on the task at hand — winning his second U.S. title. Being defending champion hasn't changed his approach to the competition, he said, which he considers one of the hardest of the year.

“I'm coming here fighting as though I'd fallen into the wall last year,” Weir said, referring to problems he experienced at the 2003 U.S. Championships in Dallas. “Last year is over and this is a completely new competition. It's a harder competition because everyone watching knows you or is a personal friend. It's special to have a good experience here.”

Weir has been working on a quad but won't include it in his programs in Portland. Instead he'll do what he does best — focus on the program as a whole.

“I really try to focus on the whole package of the program, the steps and the spins, not just jumping to music — I focus on the details,” he said. “I'm not driven by medals. I'm in this because I love to skate.”

With that skating perspective one would think that Weir would be excited about the new ISU judging system. But instead Weir said he really hasn't paid attention to it. He feels that he doesn't need to understand the details of the system because he trusts the coaches who train him and who put his programs together.

“I skate because it's what I do, it's what I do well and I love it,” he said. “I like that it (the new judging system) awards spins, steps and details of the program, which are strong suits for me. But I really don't care about it, and maybe that will be the difference between an Olympic gold and fifth place.” Weir said he feels that there are still possibilities for the judges to hold up skaters and place them in the standings. He agreed that the system is an improvement but emphasized that it isn't a full-proof system against cheating.

Weir's coach Priscilla Hill agreed but thinks the system is a step in the right direction.

“I wish I were competing in this era,” Hill said. “It (the new system) looks at every aspect of the skating and lets the skaters know what the judges think. Skaters know that the judges liked their footwork or their spins. It also helps those of us coaching younger skaters. It helps them understand why the coaches are pushing them on more than jumps. I hope they continue to revise it and it continues to grow.”

An Interesting Background
While he's known for being a complete skater, amazingly when Weir started skating he was only interested in jumps. To remedy that, Hill had Weir start skating pairs.

“I had him skate pairs because he would have to match this little girl in stroking and spins, which she was very good at,” Hill said. “I think that helped him get to this level.”

Of course, there came a point when Hill said they all knew that Weir would need to focus on singles instead of pairs. His slight build didn't lend itself to overhead lifts, but his concern for his partner also played a part.

“He would be landing triples on one rink as a single and then we'd go to the other rink to do pairs,” Hill said. “He never wanted her to feel bad if she fell and he didn't. So as they were doing side-by-side jumps he would look at her in the air and if it looked like she was going to fall, he would fall, too. That's when I knew we needed to stick to singles.”

His first experiences working with a choreographer also helped with his development as an artistic skater. Weir said he started to feed off the choreographer and the emotion that came from the music.

“That's when I started to feel the music more and connect with a piece of music,” he said. “I was a novice and I think that's when I started to evolve in a more artistic direction.”

With the 2006 Olympic Winter Games just 13 months away, Weir is trying to not look too far ahead. If things go well at the U.S. Championships, he plans to put the quad in his programs for the Four Continents Championships and the World Championships. Hill said she feels this is a building year as they approach the Olympics but believes that every year of Weir's career has built on the one before.

“Every day I want him to make the most of that day,” she said. “Even if it is a bad day, he can learn something from it.”

Weir's climb to the top of the U.S. figure skating ranks has been a fast one — he started skating when he was 12 and seven years later was the U.S. champion. While that may not be the normal track for competitive skaters, it doesn't seem unusual to either Weir or Hill.

“I guess it's a gift from God that I could really get myself together so quickly,” Weir said. “It's not shocking to me because it's my life.”

Hill said as a younger skater she also progressed quickly, and early in her coaching career didn't realize the time it takes many skaters to move through the ranks.

“When I started coaching Johnny he progressed at what seemed like a normal rate to me,” she said. “If he said he felt good and wanted to test novice after only a couple of years, I said OK. Somehow we were allowed to be together, but I've been able to help keep it a normal life for him. It doesn't seem awkward to us.”

Weir begins defense of his title Thursday with the short program competition at 3:30 p.m. local time.

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-1-13 15:04:05编辑过]

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

93#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-13 14:57:00 | 只看该作者
刚看完这篇

威威计划在四大洲和世锦赛上跳四周了[]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

94#
发表于 2005-1-13 15:31:00 | 只看该作者
总是将天使们挂在嘴边的威威
it's cool to give autographs and receive fan mail with people saying they admire you or that you're an inspiration to them.

总会给偶出人意料的一面
While he's known for being a complete skater, amazingly when Weir started skating he was only interested in jumps.

[此贴子已经被作者于2005-1-13 15:35:02编辑过]

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

95#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-13 21:27:00 | 只看该作者
偶终于把新闻发布会及幕后趣事翻译出来啦

[Point=300]
原文:http://www.usfsa.org/event_story.asp?id=28476

自从去年1月起,Johnny Weir就表现出势不可挡的状态。在亚特兰大夺得了2004全美的冠军之后,又在自己的首个世锦赛上获得第五。本赛季,他更是赢得了两块大奖赛的金牌和一块银牌。然而在12月,已经以第一名的身份晋级大奖赛总决赛的他因为脚踝受伤不得不宣布退出。

在2005全美锦标赛的一次新闻发布会上,Weir表示自己目前身体非常健康,并且已经准备好了卫冕。

“我在训练时做了大量的跳跃,现在感觉信心倍增。”

Weir的生活在去年发生了很大的改变。赢得了全美冠军后,他表示自己比以前更忙碌了。在2004的春天,他参加了Tom Collins冰上巡回锦标赛,之后的夏天,他在Simsbury待了几周编排两个新节目。然而,生活的改变却让他感觉更好。

“我的表现确实越来越好,那是好事。我珍惜每一次的经历,并不奢求太多东西。但是能为我的冰迷签名并收到他们的邮件,同时还被大家所羡慕,或者称你为他们的精神寄托,这样的感觉太酷了。”

对于Weir 来说,此刻最重要的任务就是集中精力备战以赢得个人的第二个全美冠军。卫冕冠军的头衔并没有改变他对比赛的态度,Weir 表示,全美锦标赛仍然是他今年最艰苦的比赛之一。

“我来到这里就做好了战斗的准备,就像前年我曾经碰过壁。” Weir谈到了2003年他在达拉斯全美锦标赛上遭遇的困难,“ 去年已经过去了,现在要面临的是一个全新的比赛。这次的比赛将变得更艰难,因为现在观众都认识了你。同时曾在这里拥有过美好回忆是很特别的。”

Weir已经在练习四周了,但这次在Portland并不会出现在他的节目中。不过,他会尽自己最大的努力投入到要表演的节目中并力求做到最好。

“我会努力集中精力于整套节目,不单单是跟着音乐跳跃,还有步法、旋转。我会注意每一个细节。我并不是为了奖牌而滑,而是因为我热爱这项运动。”

从Weir对花样滑冰的理解来看,他一定会为国际滑联新的评分规则而激动。不过,Weir表示自己还没有研究过新规则,他觉得目前自己并不需要了解新规则的每一个细节,因为他相信一直指导他、为他片排节目的教练组。

“我之所以滑冰不仅因为我能出色地完成动作,也因为我非常热爱这项运动。我喜欢新规则更注重了选手的旋转、步法以及节目的细节部分,而这正是我所擅长的。但是我并不会特别在意这点,也许这就将是奥运冠军与第五名之间的差别。”Weir认为新的评分规则中仍然可能存在不利于选手或影响名次的地方。他承认规则有了一定的改善,但强调还不能完全杜绝作弊。

Weir的教练Priscilla Hill也持相同观点,但同时也认为规则已经向正确的方向迈出了一步。

“多希望我也能在这个时期参加比赛。”Hill继续说,“新规则注意到了花样滑冰的每个方面,并让选手了解了裁判的想法,让选手知道裁判喜欢旋转的步法,也帮助了那些指导年轻选手的教练们,帮他们认识到除了跳跃外,刻苦训练的必要性。我也衷心希望评分规则能朝着这个方向继续改进。”

一个有趣的幕后故事

如今的Weir已经是一名全面的花滑选手了,但令人吃惊的是当他刚开始滑的时候,只对跳跃感兴趣。为了弥补这点,Hill就让他练双人滑。

“我让他练双人滑是因为他将必须要配合这个小女孩蹬冰以及旋转,这两样正是这个女孩所擅长的。我想正是当初这个举动才帮助他达到如今的水平。”

当然还有一点需要指出的是,Weir的重点仍是单人滑而非双人滑。他那瘦弱的身体无法将别人举过头顶,同时涉及到搭档的安全问题也不容许他去冒险。

“他必须先在一个滑冰场完成那些三周跳跃,之后才能去其他滑冰场练习双人滑。他从不会让她受伤或摔倒。所以当他们并排跳跃的时候,他会看着半空中的她,要是看起来她要跌到的话,他也会跌到。到了那个时候,我就知道我们需要全身心投入到单人滑了。”

作为一名艺术表现型的选手,第一次随舞蹈教练训练的经历也帮助他得到了提高。Weir说,他从舞蹈教练那里学会了如何理解音乐的情感。

“就在那时,我开始更深刻地体会到音乐,并与音乐融为一体。但当时我还是个初学者,我想就是那个时候,我开始朝艺术表现力的方向发展的。”

现在离2006冬奥会只有13个月了,Weir努力让自己不要想得太远。如果在全美锦标赛上顺利的话,他计划在四大洲锦标赛以及世锦赛上,把四周跳放进节目中。Hill表示今年是非常关键的一年,因为离奥运会越来越近了,但是她相信Weir运动生涯中的每一年都在进步。

“每天我都要求他做到当天的极限。即使某一天的表现很糟糕,他也能从中得到启发。”

Weir是登上美国花样滑冰顶峰最快的一名选手,他开始从事花样滑冰的时候已经12岁了,但是仅仅7年后他就成为了全美冠军。由于这个原因,也许他无法和其他竞争对手处于同一起跑线上,但这在Weir或者Hill看来并没什么不寻常。

Weir说:“我猜这是上帝赐给我的礼物,让我进步如此神速。这对我来说并不吃惊,因为这就是我的生活。”

Hill说,当她还是年轻运动员的时候也进步很快,以及在她早期的执教生涯中,对许多选手名次攀升所需的时间并没在意。

“当我刚开始执教Johnny的时候,他的进步速度在我看来很正常。仅仅两年后,当他说自我感觉很好想参加初学者考试的时候,我就说没问题。不知何故我们总是步调一致,但是我会为他安排好正常的生活,这对我们来说并不困难。”

当地时间周四下午三点半,Wei就将开始他的卫冕之路,在短节目中的比赛中登场。

[/Point]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

96#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-13 22:29:00 | 只看该作者
睡觉前祈祷下威威明天早晨正常发挥,亲爱的裁判多送几个6.0
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

97#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-14 10:25:00 | 只看该作者
只拿到第二,那个该死的6号裁判,技术分居然只给了5.3[]拉出去上课>_<

2005 State Farm US Figure Skating Championships
Championship Men
Marks, Totals and Ordinals: Short Program
Place Name FP 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
1. Timothy Goebel, Winterhurst FSC 0.5 5.8 5.6 5.8 5.7 5.8 5.7 5.8 5.9 5.8
5.8 5.8 5.8 5.9 5.8 5.7 5.9 5.8 5.6
11.6 11.4 11.6 11.6 11.6 11.4 11.7 11.7 11.4
2 2 2 2 1 1 1 2 1
2. Johnny Weir, SC of New York 1.0 5.7 5.6 5.8 5.8 5.8 5.3 5.6 5.7 5.6
6.0 5.9 5.9 5.9 5.7 5.8 5.9 5.9 5.8
11.7 11.5 11.7 11.7 11.5 11.1 11.5 11.6 11.4
1 1 1 1 2 3 2 3 2
3. Evan Lysacek, DuPage FSC 1.5 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.5 5.6 5.8 5.5
5.7 5.6 5.6 5.8 5.8 5.6 5.6 6.0 5.7
11.1 11.0 11.1 11.4 11.5 11.1 11.2 11.8 11.2
4 3 4 3 3 2 3 1 3
4. Matthew Savoie, Illinois Valley FSC 2.0 5.6 5.3 5.6 5.4 5.5 5.4 5.4 5.4 5.1
5.9 5.4 5.8 5.6 5.8 5.6 5.7 5.8 5.6
11.5 10.7 11.4 11.0 11.3 11.0 11.1 11.2 10.7
3 5 3 4 4 4 4 4 5
5. Michael Weiss, Washington FSC 2.5 5.1 5.1 5.1 4.8 5.2 5.2 5.1 5.3 5.3
5.6 5.5 5.4 5.4 5.5 5.7 5.5 5.7 5.6
10.7 10.6 10.5 10.2 10.7 10.9 10.6 11.0 10.9
5 6 5 8 7 5 6 5 4
6. Shaun Rogers, Univ of Delaware FSC 3.0 5.2 4.4 5.0 5.1 5.4 5.3 4.8 5.2 5.3
4.6 4.8 5.1 5.4 5.4 5.4 4.7 5.5 5.0
9.8 9.2 10.1 10.5 10.8 10.7 9.5 10.7 10.3
10 10 8 5 5 6 7 7 7
7. Scott Smith, SC of Boston 3.5 5.1 5.0 5.0 5.1 5.0 5.0 5.3 5.2 5.1
5.2 5.3 5.3 5.3 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.3 5.3
10.3 10.3 10.3 10.4 10.2 10.3 10.7 10.5 10.4
8 7 7 6 9 9 5 8 6
8. Nicholas LaRoche, All Year FSC 4.0 5.2 4.8 4.9 4.8 5.3 4.9 4.6 5.5 5.0
5.3 4.8 5.0 5.2 5.3 5.1 4.8 5.2 5.0
10.5 9.6 9.9 10.0 10.6 10.0 9.4 10.7 10.0
7 8 10 9 8 10 8 6 10
9. Derrick Delmore, Washington FSC 4.5 4.8 4.5 5.1 5.0 5.2 5.2 4.5 4.9 5.0
5.4 4.8 5.3 5.2 5.6 5.5 4.8 5.3 5.2
10.2 9.3 10.4 10.2 10.8 10.7 9.3 10.2 10.2
9 9 6 7 6 7 9 9 9
10. Ryan Jahnke, Broadmoor SC 5.0 5.2 5.3 4.7 4.5 4.1 4.8 4.4 4.6 5.0
5.4 5.5 5.4 5.3 5.0 5.7 4.7 5.6 5.3
10.6 10.8 10.1 9.8 9.1 10.5 9.1 10.2 10.3
6 4 9 11 12 8 10 10 8
11. Jordan Brauninger, Northern Kentucky SC 5.5 4.4 4.3 4.6 4.8 4.5 4.6 4.2 4.7 4.6
4.7 4.5 4.8 5.0 4.5 4.8 4.6 5.0 4.9
9.1 8.8 9.4 9.8 9.0 9.4 8.8 9.7 9.5
12 13 11 10 13 12 12 11 11
12. Jordan Wilson, Santa Rosa FSC 6.0 4.9 4.5 4.5 4.7 5.0 4.6 4.4 4.1 4.6
4.8 4.6 4.6 5.0 4.8 4.9 4.1 4.4 4.6
9.7 9.1 9.1 9.7 9.8 9.5 8.5 8.5 9.2
11 11 12 12 10 11 15 17 12
13. Wesley Campbell, Nashville FSC 6.5 4.1 4.0 4.1 3.8 4.3 4.4 4.2 4.3 4.3
5.0 4.6 4.7 4.3 4.9 4.7 4.5 5.0 4.7
9.1 8.6 8.8 8.1 9.2 9.1 8.7 9.3 9.0
13 14 14 16 11 13 14 12 13
14. Daniel Steffel, Peninsula SC 7.0 4.5 4.1 4.1 4.2 4.1 4.4 4.5 4.4 4.3
4.5 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.4 4.5 4.2 4.7 4.5
9.0 8.4 8.5 8.7 8.5 8.9 8.7 9.1 8.8
14 17 15 14 14 15 13 13 15
15. Braden Overett, Denver FSC 7.5 3.8 3.7 3.6 4.0 3.5 3.4 4.1 3.8 4.0
5.1 4.8 4.9 5.1 4.7 4.9 4.8 5.3 4.9
8.9 8.5 8.5 9.1 8.2 8.3 8.9 9.1 8.9
15 16 16 13 16 17 11 14 14
16. Parker Pennington, Broadmoor SC 8.0 3.3 4.0 3.9 3.3 3.5 3.8 3.8 3.8 3.4
4.6 4.9 5.0 4.6 4.5 5.0 4.6 4.9 4.6
7.9 8.9 8.9 7.9 8.0 8.8 8.4 8.7 8.0
17 12 13 18 17 16 16 16 18
17. Mauro Bruni, SC of New York 8.5 3.2 4.2 3.9 3.7 3.8 4.0 3.5 3.7 3.8
4.6 4.3 4.4 4.4 4.5 5.1 4.4 4.7 4.4
7.8 8.5 8.3 8.1 8.3 9.1 7.9 8.4 8.2
18 15 17 17 15 14 17 18 16
18. Jason Wong, SC of Boston 9.0 3.6 3.4 3.7 3.9 3.4 3.6 3.1 3.9 3.7
4.5 4.2 4.5 4.5 4.4 4.3 4.2 4.8 4.4
8.1 7.6 8.2 8.4 7.8 7.9 7.3 8.7 8.1
16 18 18 15 18 18 18 15 17
19. Pierre Balian, All Year FSC 9.5 3.0 3.3 3.0 3.0 3.0 2.8 3.0 3.0 2.5
4.2 4.1 4.3 4.2 4.0 4.0 4.0 4.3 4.2
7.2 7.4 7.3 7.2 7.0 6.8 7.0 7.3 6.7
19 19 19 19 19 19 19 19 19
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

98#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-14 11:45:00 | 只看该作者
威威称赞今天的方便面表现出了无与伦比的实力

The night was emotional for Johnny Weir, who is in second, as well. He, too, has become close to Nikodinov in the last few years. But he said he is proud that he fought through the program and completed all of his elements.

Skating to “Rondo Capriccisoso” Weir was solid landing his triple Axel, triple Lutz-triple toe and steps into the triple flip. His artistry and spins, which are trademarks of Weir's skating, were well executed, as well.

“It was a struggle,” Weir said. “I saw Tim skate because I was waiting for the warm up and I don't think I've ever seen him skate that well. He skated with his whole heart. Today I think Tim was unbeatable.”

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

99#
发表于 2005-1-14 13:13:00 | 只看该作者
为tim的出色发挥鼓掌,他终于摆脱了去年的阴影。
期待他与威威齐头并进……
8过相信最后威威会在lp中击败他(排在威威后做老二也是粉光荣的~~),卫冕冠军。
(悄悄地问一下mm,你可否不要叫他方便面呢?总觉得别扭,虽然很形象的说……)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

100#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-1-14 13:23:00 | 只看该作者
噶么不叫方便面,叫泡面头?[]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|阿根廷风暴 ( 沪ICP备05003678号   

GMT+8, 2024-6-11 22:24 , Processed in 0.234375 second(s), 21 queries .